Best projector technology for a true “Hollywood” picture quality experience
3 x DarkChip4™ DMD (1920 x 1080 pixel resolution)
Triple Flash 144Hz Technology, the same found in commercial theatres
SIM2's PureMotion Active 3D Technology
New revolutionary re-designed ALPHAPATH™ light engine with precision glass optics
Contrast ratio up to 30:000:1
SIM2’s user adjustable iris system
SIM2's DynamicBlack™ Technology Enhanced Solution
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-SHC is the first high-end compact 3-chip DLP® home theater 3D single unit projector with customizable color filter options for specialist applications. Engineered for customized color gamut-specific applications. Designed for use with arge screen sizes (up to 5m – 16.5 ft wide).
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S HC is a revolutionary dual-mode 3-chip Full HD projector based on the LUMIS 3D-S platform. It sports all of the LUMIS 3D-S features including Triple Flash technology for extreme smoothness and visual pleasure and PureMovie, PureAction, and PureAction 3D user modes.
“HC” denotes Hyper Color, and describes closely the design concept behind this specialist projector. The projector’s ability to render 3D images and a variety of color gamuts, over and above those used in home theater means that color space specifications for a wide variety of applications can be fulfilled. SIM2’s motorized Sliding Filter System (SFS) inside the optical engine is a motorized system able to position two different filters into the optical light path, independently of one another. The driver command can be sent either via IR (by OSD) or via RS-232 and the color gamut change is performed almost instantaneously.
The use of this automatic double filter (SFS) allows the use of two different color gamuts on each product. This is feasible thanks to special optical components, hence there is no need for electronics adjustments that would otherwise compromise the signal. Thanks to the SFS system, the projector becomes a versatile instrument which can be used in custom market segment applications such as Home Cinema, DCI or other professional applications like photography, where dedicated color reproduction is the technical key-factor.
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S HC standard version (1) has been designed to provide DCI-like color reproduction, as well as standard HDTV (Rec. 709). Upon request, other filters can be ordered to create a truly customized product (2).
Available in SIM2’s classic high gloss Gun Metal finish.
(1)This product is a custom-built-to-order and will require a 30 day lead time.
(2) 60 day lead time after customer request and defined color gamut requirement description.
3-CHIP DLP™ TECHNOLOGY
Using just any digital projector doesn’t make a home theater a true “Cinema”. To experience true cinema, the projector must provide a picture quality as good as - or better - what a good film print would have.
Thanks to 3 chip DLP technology, Grand Cinema™ LUMIS offers movie goers the most compelling and captivating cinema experience at home, just as the movie Director intended it.
Indeed, Texas Instruments has been working with Hollywood since the mid-1990s to ensure that DLP technology meets the needs and requirements of the motion picture industry. The only type of projector that matches the quality of film and is also capable of maintaining color and brightness thoroughout the years is a 3-chip DLP projector.
No other technology can truly deliver crystal clear, razor-sharp and lifelike images for the ultimate “Hollywood” picture quality. The 3-Chip DLP advantages:
• Fast switching time: Unlike other technologies, 3 chip DLP has a very short switching time and presents the image on the whole screen at once, exactly as the film print would.
• Highest brightness rendition: 3 chip DLP does not use polarized light. The bias used in other technologies (i.e. LCD) causes a loss of efficiency of 50%.
• Ultimate Color Fidelity: The 3-chip architecture efficiently accommodates a deep color gamut and provide extremely accurate color reproduction.
• Greater Depth: 3-chip DLP deliver up to 14 bits of grayscale per color channel on screen.
• Picture Reliability: The performance of a 3-chip DLP projection system remains consistently outstanding throughout the life of the projector.
SIM2 Alpha path ™ Light Engine
The most critical component in a home cinema front projection unit has always been its light engine. A projector’s image accuracy is governed by the quality of this piece of precision optical engineering. In order to obtain the best projected image quality, a delicate balance is required between the light engine, the DLP® chipset and the control electronics. Building on its heritage of high-end light engine design, SIM2 developed an innovative optical system to re-size the light-path whilst maintaining BOTH its length (necessary for optimum picture control) AND its compactness (required for installation and interior-design constraints). This folded light path, patented and named ALPHAPATH™, is the result of years of SIM2’s advanced R&D optical and thermal analysis.
• Die-cast aluminum body for improved heat management: a new die-cast aluminum design dramatically improves the thermal management of the light engine, which means SIM2 projectors are now able to use a more powerful lamp to deliver brighter images on-screen.
• Tapered rod-integrator for greater image uniformity: The purpose of the rod-integrator is to accept the raw light energy from the lamp and convert it into a pure and refined beam of light. It is also where the light spot from the lamp is turned into a precise 16:9 shape before it illuminates the DMD chipset. This new tapered design helps further improve color uniformity and efficiency of light transmission.
• New Coatings on the prism assembly to further enhance color performance: The three DMD’s (Digital Micro-Mirror Device) are mounted directly onto the prism assembly, making the optical purity of this component crucial to the final image quality. New optical coatings have been applied to the prism to further enhance color and picture performance.
3D Technology Overview Triple Flash 3D Technology
SIM2’s 3D active system models are the first consumer projectors to use triple flash technology alongside the active shutter 3D delivery system. Triple flash is a system developed for, and used in, commercial 3D cinemas. Triple flash means that for Blu-Ray 1080p 24Hz material, each eye is presented with 3 ‘flashes’ of each frame, giving an overall frame rate of 144fps (faster than any other consumer projector today on the market). Other technologies are limited to dual-flash refresh rates. Triple flash increases the refresh rate to a level well beyond the normal flicker fusion threshold of humans (no image flickering, smoother motion, and no ghosting for fatigue-free experience). 3-chip DLP® is currently the only projection technology that has a fast enoughrefresh rate to be able to implement triple flash with active shutter 3D technology.
INTRODUCING PUREMOVIE & PUREMOTION
SIM2’s engineers have designed the LUMIS 3D active system models(*) with three user modes, each optimized for the various demands of movie, sports and 3D viewing:
• PureMovie (2D): allows a pure and unprocessed presentation of the signal coming from your source: all but the most basic circuitry are bypassed in order to avoid any chance of interferences. Audiophiles have been long aware that even the best signal treatment is sometimes in the way of a true life-like experience, SIM2 PureMovie mode lets you fully appreciate the 1080p image coming from a high-quality source, allowing at the same time the highest degree of control over your system.
• PureMotion (2D): it has been specifically designed for fast-motion video material, resulting in smooth motion, free from ‘smear’ or ‘judder’ affecting the image. PureMotion mode is particularly suited to fast-action sports viewing and, together with legendary LUMIS color fidelity and image brightness, will trick you into believing you’re just a few meters away from the playing field
• PureMotion 3D: it is SIM2 implementation of the next level in reality reproduction: 3D video visualization. PureMotion includes the state-of-the-art of 3D technologies -like the Triple Flash- in order to minimize all the drawbacks that, until now, have made this experience far from perfect.
3 Chip DMDs 0,95” 1080p DC4
High quality, high resolution improved optics for higher contrast and better black level with motorized zoom and focus adj.
SIM2’s motorized Sliding Filter System (SFS)
DCI-like and standard HDTV (Rex. 709) color reproduction filters
PureAction 3D technology with triple flash
PureAction 2D for fast action materials
SIM2 DynamicBlack™ Technology enchanced solution (in 2D mode only)
Contrast ratio (Full ON/ Full OFF)
>30,000:1 with DynamicBlack™ Technology (in 2D mode only)
Lamp power consumption
280W dimmable to 230W
up to 3000 Ansi Lumens (in 2D mode)
Lamp life expectancy(*)
2000 hours typical in standard power mode; 3000 hours in ECO mode
Throw ratio standard lens
1.82-2.48:1 (type T2)
Throw ratio optional lenses
1.37-1.66:1 (typ. T1)
2.6-3.9:1 (typ. T3)
Vertical up to +50%, down -10% max. from screen center (based on image height)
VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WUXGA 10 bit Full Channel Signal Board Video Processing
2 x HDMI-HDCP (v.1.4 with Deep Color)
1x Composite Video
1 x Graphic RGBVH (VGA-UXGA) (D-sub 15 pin)
1 x Component - Analog YPbPr/RGBs/RGBHV (RCA)
3D Sync out
1 x RS232 (D-sub 9 pin)
1 x USB (B type)
3 x 12V 100mA output (via Jack)
upgradable via RS232, serial interface or USB
Mains voltage range
100-240 +/-10% (48/62 Hz)
11 Kg. or 24.3 lbs
Projector dimensions (WxHxD)
459 x 210 x 455 mm (18.1” x 8.3” x 17.9”)
Installation and User Manual
AC power cords (2m - 6.6 ft)
Backlit remote control and batteries
Live Colors Calibration software 2.0
Premium SIM2 VISUS Active Glasses (4 pcs.)
Additional Sliding Filters - 60 days lead time
Projector ceiling bracket
Anamorphic lens systems (fixed or motorized)
Additional VISUS active glasses
(*) Lamp life: the hours quoted have been measured in a lab under ideal test conditions. Lamp life varies depending on usage conditions and the surrounding environment. This is an average value that cannot be guaranteed and is not protected by warranty.
(**)ANSI Lumen Specification: This is the typical projector brightness specification found in most sales literature. This measurement allows for direct comparison with other manufacturer’s projectors. Measurements are taken in a totally dark test room with T3 type lens (wide angle zoom settings), brand new lamp at full power, lamp’s native white color temperature, internal test pattern (full white) and in compliance with ANSI IT7.228-1997 specification.
The DLP® logo and DLP® medallion are trademarks of Texas Instruments. product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Due to constant product development, specifications are subject to change without notice.
Lumis 3D-S - Control Specifications Rs232 Codes 1.1
Lumis 3D-S - Control Specifications Rs232 Codes 1.1