3-chip DarkChip4™ Full HD (1080p) DLP®-based home theatre projector
Patented ALPHAPATH™ compact Die-Cast light engine with precision glass optics
PureMovie and PureMotion technology
260W dimmable lamp
High contrast ratio and brightness
Choice of three lenses
Designed for use with mid/large screen sizes (up to 4m - 13ft wide)
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D projectors are totally unique to SIM2 and represent the culmination of over 10 years of innovation and research in the field of video projector design and technology. SIM2’s flagship Grand Cinema™ line features a choice of 4 models that offer unprecedented picture quality for the discerning customer who wants a true cinema experience. No other projector line can match the superb color depth, excellent contrast ratio and exceptional brightness that the Grand Cinema™ line is able to deliver. Welcome home Hollywood!
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO is a compact 3-chip DLP® home theater 3D single unit projector, which utilizes SIM2’s PureMovie-PureAction technologies to produce images with exceptional smoothness, black level and contrast performance. Designed for use with mid/large screen sizes (up to 4m - 13ft wide).
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO projector has been specifically designed to offer exceptional performance, ease-of-use and room-friendly aesthetics. This, the first model in the Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D series, shares many of the technical attributes of SIM2’s award-winning LUMIS 3D-S projector, to ensure an outstanding home theater experience.
Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO blends exceptional sharpness and image stability, combined with superb black depth and contrast. SIM2’s ALPHAPATH™ light engine, partnered with 0.95” 1080p DarkChip4 DLP® chipsets from Texas Instruments, enables the Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO projector to achieve an excellent contrast ratio of 10,000:1 and an impressive brightness level of 2600 ANSI lumens.
SIM2’s Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO sports PureMovie, PureAction, and PureAction 3D user modes - each optimized for the various demands of movie, sports and 3D viewing – and SIM2’s advanced Live Colors Calibration 2 software that enables complete adjustment of the primary, secondary and white point color coordinates of the projector.
The Grand Cinema™ LUMIS 3D-S UNO is available in SIM2’s classic high gloss Gun Metal finish.
3-CHIP DLP™ TECHNOLOGY
Using just any digital projector doesn’t make a home theater a true “Cinema”. To experience true cinema, the projector must provide a picture quality as good as - or better - what a good film print would have.
Thanks to 3 chip DLP technology, Grand Cinema™ LUMIS offers movie goers the most compelling and captivating cinema experience at home, just as the movie Director intended it.
Indeed, Texas Instruments has been working with Hollywood since the mid-1990s to ensure that DLP technology meets the needs and requirements of the motion picture industry. The only type of projector that matches the quality of film and is also capable of maintaining color and brightness thoroughout the years is a 3-chip DLP projector.
No other technology can truly deliver crystal clear, razor-sharp and lifelike images for the ultimate “Hollywood” picture quality. The 3-Chip DLP advantages:
• Fast switching time: Unlike other technologies, 3 chip DLP has a very short switching time and presents the image on the whole screen at once, exactly as the film print would.
• Highest brightness rendition: 3 chip DLP does not use polarized light. The bias used in other technologies (i.e. LCD) causes a loss of efficiency of 50%.
• Ultimate Color Fidelity: The 3-chip architecture efficiently accommodates a deep color gamut and provide extremely accurate color reproduction.
• Greater Depth: 3-chip DLP deliver up to 14 bits of grayscale per color channel on screen.
• Picture Reliability: The performance of a 3-chip DLP projection system remains consistently outstanding throughout the life of the projector.
SIM2 Alpha path ™ Light Engine
The most critical component in a home cinema front projection unit has always been its light engine. A projector’s image accuracy is governed by the quality of this piece of precision optical engineering. In order to obtain the best projected image quality, a delicate balance is required between the light engine, the DLP® chipset and the control electronics. Building on its heritage of high-end light engine design, SIM2 developed an innovative optical system to re-size the light-path whilst maintaining BOTH its length (necessary for optimum picture control) AND its compactness (required for installation and interior-design constraints). This folded light path, patented and named ALPHAPATH™, is the result of years of SIM2’s advanced R&D optical and thermal analysis.
• Die-cast aluminum body for improved heat management: a new die-cast aluminum design dramatically improves the thermal management of the light engine, which means SIM2 projectors are now able to use a more powerful lamp to deliver brighter images on-screen.
• Tapered rod-integrator for greater image uniformity: The purpose of the rod-integrator is to accept the raw light energy from the lamp and convert it into a pure and refined beam of light. It is also where the light spot from the lamp is turned into a precise 16:9 shape before it illuminates the DMD chipset. This new tapered design helps further improve color uniformity and efficiency of light transmission.
• New Coatings on the prism assembly to further enhance color performance: The three DMD’s (Digital Micro-Mirror Device) are mounted directly onto the prism assembly, making the optical purity of this component crucial to the final image quality. New optical coatings have been applied to the prism to further enhance color and picture performance.
3 Chip DMDs 0,95” 1080p DC4
High quality, high resolution improved optics for higher contrast and better black level with motorized zoom and focus adj.
Puremotion 3D technology
Puremotion 2D for fast action materials
Contrast ratio (Full ON/ Full OFF)
Lamp power consumption
260W dimmable to 230W
up to 2,600 Ansi Lumens (in 2D mode)
Lamp life expectancy(*)
2000 hours typical in standard power mode; 3000 hours in ECO mode
Throw ratio standard lens
1.82-2.48:1 (type T2)
Throw ratio optional lenses
1.37-1.66:1 (typ. T1)
2.6-3.9:1 (typ. T3)
Vertical up to +50%, down -10% max. from screen center (based on image height)
VGA, SVGA, XGA, SXGA, UXGA, WUXGA 10 bit Full Channel Signal Board Video Processing
2 x HDMI-HDCP vers. 1.4a (v.1.4 with Deep Color)
1x Composite Video
1 x Graphic RGBVH (VGA-UXGA) (D-sub 15 pin)
1 x Component - Analog YPbPr/RGBs/RGBHV (RCA)
3D Sync out
1 x RS232 (D-sub 9 pin)
1 x USB (B type)
3 x 12V 100mA output (via Jack)
upgradable via RS232, serial interface or USB
Mains voltage range
100-240 +/-10% (48/62 Hz)
11 Kg. or 24.3 lbs
Projector dimensions (WxHxD)
459 x 210 x 455 mm (18.1” x 8.3” x 17.9”)
Installation and User Manual
AC power cords (2m - 6.6 ft)
Backlit remote control and batteries
Live Colors Calibration software 2.0
Premium SIM2 VISUS RF Active Glasses (4 pcs.)
Projector ceiling bracket
Anamorphic lens systems (fixed or motorized)
Additional VISUS active glasses
(*) Lamp life: the hours quoted have been measured in a lab under ideal test conditions. Lamp life varies depending on usage conditions and the surrounding environment. This is an average value that cannot be guaranteed and is not protected by warranty.
(**)ANSI Lumen Specification: This is the typical projector brightness specification found in most sales literature. This measurement allows for direct comparison with other manufacturer’s projectors. Measurements are taken in a totally dark test room with T3 type lens (wide angle zoom settings), brand new lamp at full power, lamp’s native white color temperature, internal test pattern (full white) and in compliance with ANSI IT7.228-1997 specification.
The DLP® logo and DLP® medallion are trademarks of Texas Instruments. product specifications are subject to change without notice.
Due to constant product development, specifications are subject to change without notice.
SIM2 Grand Cinema Line Catalog
SEPTEMBER 2012 - THIS CATALOG REPLACES ALL PREVIOUS CATALOGS.
GRAND CINEMA: the real cinema at home. No compromises. No competition
MODELS: LUMIS 3D-S, LUMIS 3D-S UNO, LUMIS 3D-S HC, LUMIS HC 3D-D